Seven has always been one of my lucky numbers, and this makes the seventh award for The Rush Room blog. My busy blogger friend Honoré Dupuis (currently residing in the U.K.) sent this award to me exactly seven days ago (wow, just noticed that). Last week his blog received three awards (Of Glass & Paper) and he wanted to share the love. Thank you Honoré!
Now, how to explain another award to my mother? It’s probably better if I don’t. I’m not famous yet. There are no scheduled television appearances in the future…although I do have a friend that can get me in to see Craig Ferguson’s Late Late Show. Still, it’s a long drive and I doubt Craig would let me chat about my blog. Letterman might, but I seriously doubt he even knows what a blog is. I think my mother might be disappointed if I tell her I received another award and it doesn’t show up in the local paper…regardless of how many times she calls them.
Okay, that’s settled. We’re not going to tell my mother. We’ll keep this just between us.
On to business. There are rules to these awards, always rules. I’m feeling a bit rebellious this evening, but let’s take a look at them anyway.
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you.
2. Answer the ten questions about your favorite things.
3. Nominate ten blogs to receive the Sunshine Award and let them know.
Ah, the first one is easy. Thanks Honoré, again sir!
The ten questions look to be interesting. I’ll give it a go.
1. Favorite animal: My dog Bandit, though he’s more human than some people I’ve met.
2. Favorite number: For the record, it’s seven. Closely followed by three and twenty-one. Hey, three times seven equals twenty-one! How cool is that?
3. Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Mello Yello or Mountain Dew
4. Facebook or Twitter: Honestly, I would prefer to visit blogs than hang out on Facebook. Twitter comes out on top for this one.
5. My passion: Making other people smile. If I can’t do that at least once a day, then the day has been wasted.
6. Getting or giving: I am selfish when it comes to needing time alone. Outside of that I’m a giving kind of guy.
7. Favorite pattern: The figure 8 (infinity).
8. Favorite day of the week: Saturday of course.
9. Favorite flower: Red roses have always been my favorite.
10. Favorite country: Three of them. England, Scotland, Ireland. I can trace my ancestors back to 1066 from Lancashire, England. In the 1200′s they moved into Scotland. As for Ireland, I’ve always wanted to visit there.
And finally, nominate ten blogs for this award.
No, this is where I’m going to break some rules. There are many deserving blogs, but to give an award out to that many would make it watered down. I won’t do that. Instead, I’m going to nominate three blogs that always brighten my day (it is the Sunshine Award after all).
The first is written by three great writers, J.D. Mader, David Antrobus, and J.L. Murray. It’s called Blergpop. I should forewarn you though, if you click on that link expect to see Carlin’s seven words you can’t say on television. These folks are not writing for The Christian Science Monitor. It’s real.
The second blog I would like to nominate for this award is both old and new. With a new site redesign it’s more appealing than ever. Going For Coffee is filled with flash fiction from one of the best bloggers/writers in my favorites list. Visit and say hi to Jo-Anne Teal for me. Don’t forget to leave a comment as a tip. The coffee is free, and so is the fiction.
The third blog is called Sable City. That’s also the name of the book I’m currently reading by the way (The Sable City). It’s probably no surprise that they are both written by the same person. Edward McNally also writes for Indies Unlimited, so check out his posts there as well. Ed’s Casual Friday at the IU site, and the wonderful interviews and blog posts at his own site, make this one of my top picks.