This week Honoré Dupuis, world traveler, adventurer, writer and blogger, bestowed the One Lovely Blog award upon The Rush Room. He is a friend from across the pond and writes one of my favorite blogs, Of Glass & Paper. He also has one of the more interesting Pinterest pages that I follow. As if that weren’t enough, you can follow his Photo Blog for a glimpse of nature and humanity. Did I mention he also has a daily paper with some of the best articles found on the web? My point is, this gentleman is a busy guy, and yet, he took the time out of his day to recognize my blog with an award. Classy doesn’t begin to describe him. Follow him on twitter @Sisyphus47 and see if you can keep up.
I’m not sure what my mother will think about another award coming my way. I doubt that she’s managed to get through her entire Rolodex of friends from the last one. It makes me smile thinking of her starting all over. Before I forget, just a quick note to my mother…
“I love you Mom, but it’s not the Nobel Prize. There’s no money involved. And no, I will not be on television. Hang in there, I’m working on it.”
Okay, back to business.
The rules of acceptance for this award nomination are as follows:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
Wow, that’s a lot of work. How do you find the time Honoré? Thank you my dear friend.
Seven Things (that you probably didn’t need to know about me)
1. I am not a vampire, regardless of the rumors you may have heard. Although, I’ve always wanted to be one. Dracula was a childhood hero of mine.
2. The two people I admire most in the world are my mother and my wife. Both have put up with me for better or worse.
3. My friends and I can go years without seeing each other, but we can pick up right where we left off.
4. I wear sunglasses when I write. They have purple lenses which help me to focus on ‘fiction’ instead of the reality of a bright monitor.
5. My great grandfather invented the device that allowed F.D.R. to drive a car.
6. I refuse to grow up, just like my dad.
7. Loyalty and honor are two of the things my father taught me, and these are guiding principles which define my life.
15 Blogs and Bloggers I Admire (One Lovely Blog Award Nominees)
1. Going for Coffee Jo-Anne Teal
2. Chris James
3. My Books & I D.G. Torrens
4. Just Bookin’ Around Lori Clark
5. Spoonflipper Erin Ashby
6. Two-Bit Bard Jo VonBargen
7. Unemployed Imagination J.D. Mader
8. Written Words Scott Bury
9. Kristen Lamb’s Blog Kristen Lamb
10. My Write Spot Donna B. McNicol
11. Honest Indie Book Reviews Gary Henry
12. Ruminating On… Edward Lorn
13. Rob on Writing Rob Guthrie
14. The Migrant Type David Antrobus
15. Indies Unlimited The Independent Authors Super Blog
And of course, Honoré Dupuis. For some other amazing blogs, take a look at my blogroll on the side of the page. There are hundreds of great blogs out there, but these are the ones that I frequent the most.
Thanks to the entire indie author community for helping me, probably in ways you’re not even aware of. You are my support system, my friends, and I couldn’t take this journey without you.